Active Release Techniques
Active Release Techniques or A.R.T is a patented soft tissue technique that uses isolated movement, pressure in specific locations and tension on the soft tissues to assess and release adhesions that form in muscles, fascia, nerves, ligaments and tendons. This technique is great for assessing and treating soft tissue and joint injuries and can be far more effective than standard treatment modalities such as massage, physiotherapy or joint manipulation.
Active Release Techniques has a reputation for being able to help with injuries that other treatments have failed with. The reason for this is that A.R.T uses palpation and motion to figure out exactly where the injury in the tissue is, rather than just using a shotgun approach or a standard, robotic diagnosis without actually assessing.
If you are frustrated with the current treatment you are getting from your practitioner and treatment style then A.R.T is the treatment that will get you results, fast!
Active Release Techniques Sydney
Injuries that A.R.T can help with:
- Neck pain
- Lower back pain
- Headaches / Migraines
- Poor flexibility - increasing joint range of motion and the ability for the soft tissues to glide and slide.
- Nerve entrapments such as sciatica, tingling in arms, legs, hands and feet.
- Overuse injuries such as repetitive strain injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Shoulder impingement
- Ankle sprains
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Hip Impingement and Hip pain
- Tennis and Golfers elbow
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ) - Jaw pain, headaches
- Knee pain - joint issues, meniscus, ligament sprains in the knee.