Myotherapist / Remedial and Sports Massage Therapist
Adv Dip. Myo, Dip RM, Cert 4 Massage, Cert MDN
Hi, I’m Steph, I am a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist and Myotherapist with over 10 years’ experience in private practise working alongside Osteopaths and Physiotherapists. I am passionate about the role of physical therapy as a vehicle for healing muscle pain and past injuries.
People often comment on my unique treatment style. I employ a holistic framework and draw connections between past traumas and present symptoms. I endeavour to eliminate pain and balance the body using my developed sense of touch and intuition. I will also unwind movement restrictions allowing the true self to be revealed.
I thrive on dealing with multiple conditions or complaints where I can draw connections between seemingly unrelated problems and symptoms. I have a keen interest in healing scare tissue wounds from surgery or injuries, chronic neck and back pain, pregnancy related pain, and postural related conditions among many others. I also have general knowledge in the areas such as autoimmune disease, allergies, and nutrition.
An initial treatment with Steph will involve building a personal trauma history profile, and then drawing links between past and present complaints to build a holistic framework and treatment management plan. Steph performs a range of physical therapy involving myofascial release, deep tissue techniques, dry needling, cupping, exercise movement programs and homecare.
Advanced Diploma of Remedial Massage (Myotherapy)
- Working with Physiotherapists, Osteopaths & Acupuncturists.
- 10 years experience delivering quality Muscle Therapy
- treating 1000's of satisfied clients.
- Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Certificate 4 Massage
My passion is working with people and helping them overcome pain. Whether acute or chronic. As a practitioner I believe you should never stop learning and as the human body is so complicated there is always more to learn, discover as well as keeping up to date with the latest developments.
Here are some of the courses I have completed:
- Jun 2018 Anatomy Trains Structural Essentials: Head Neck & Jaw Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function
- Feb 2016 Soft Tissue Therapy Congress
- Oct 2014 Myofascial Cupping Advanced 3-Day Course
- Oct 2012 Introduction to Myofascial Cupping
- Mar 2011 Improving Neck Function
- Mar 2011 Reduce Headache and Restore Movement Introduction to Myofascial Dry Needling for Massage Therapists
- Dry Needling
- Stretching and Strengthening advice
- Postural Assessment
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- PNF stretching